Re-Grand Opening Checklist: Things to Consider Now
Can you list five things you need to do now?
The coronavirus pandemic will have a lasting impact on how business is conducted moving forward. Have you addressed all of the adjustments, shifts and pivots needed to re-open in the near future? If you are in a time of slow growth, or your business is currently shut down, NOW is the time to prepare for the influx of sales when the country re-opens. The demand for your product or service is still there – it may just be “paused” due to government regulations or a shift in consumer spending habits/priorities.
Below is a list of thoughts to consider NOW and be ready to implement when the time comes:
Is your TEAM ready to reopen?
- Does your business structure need to change?
- What new systems and processes that need to be put in place?
- Have you updated your checklists and internal documents to convey these changes?
- After identifying the new systems and processes: What are the different tasks/activities that have to be done with the adjustments & pivots identified?
- Have you clarified responsibilities? What are the untapped talents of each team member, and how can you reallocate the new tasks, activities and responsibilities to your current team?
- Do you need to offer additional training to your team?
- Can your team handle the new mix of tasks, activities and responsibilities while keeping their prior responsibilities?
- Do you need to adjust your team members’ compensation plans based on the revised roles, activities and outcomes?
- What changes need to be set in place at your facility?
- Does your team have the potential to work from home if needed?
- How can you make your workplace a safer place moving forward? Will you deep clean your facility more frequently, or have any changes to your sick-day policy?
Do you have COMMUNICATION and MARKETING prepared for reopening?
- What can you sell best, sell first, and sell easiest?
- How will you engage your customers and interact with the market?
- Do you need to do any branding reputation management?
- Any new products or services you can offer during this time of pivot/transition?
- Do you have USP/WIIFM-focused communication created to inform key stakeholders of your proactive business changes that meet the changing marketplace needs?
- What & How will you shift your messaging to the marketplace?
- Any changes in how you deliver products/services to your customers?
- Do you need to change where you are investing your marketing dollars?
- Communicate the changed offerings, way of doing business, etc. to:
- Existing Customers: What is your retention strategy?
- Former Customers: How can you re-engage past customers with a return strategy?
- Those in pipeline: How can you step-up your customer service at every touch point?
- Prospects & database: How can you nurture and build upon your prospective customers through your website, social media, etc? Can you tap into your networking groups or local chamber of commerce?
- New Target Markets: Have you reached out to your strategic partners and referral sources lately? How can you creatively pivot together?
Have you developed reopening KPIs?
- What adjustments must be made to the KPI’s of the business, departments and team members?
- What are the new standards for each KPI? (The “no less than” number)
- What are the new activities?
- How much of those activities need to be accomplished daily, weekly, etc?
- What are the outcomes from the activities? (Results)
- Update team member scorecards
- Communicate new scorecards to team members
- Train on new scorecards and activities
- As a leader, what do you need to focus on and prioritize your time to work towards?
- Do you have time carved out each week to work ON instead of IN your business?
- What is your cash position?
- Do you have a plan on how to consolidate your accounts payable/receivable?
- Have you taken advantage of any grants, loans, or other stimulus options to supplement cash flow until your business reopens?
- Have you anticipated any inventory issues assuming a surge in demand when your business re-opens?
- What supplies are needed? Does your EOQ formula need to change?
- Any changes or updates needed in your intellectual property and know-how?
At Accelerate ActionCOACH, we are here to help!
We are offering several opportunities to help you succeed through these times of uncertainty, including:
- Contact Accelerate ActionCOACHes Greg Thompson, Amanda Lundstedt, and Bill Cortesio at any time to receive a personalized 90-Day Re-Grand Opening Planning Session. Learn More and Contact Us Today!
- Brad Sugars, ActionCOACH’s founder and president, is hosting a webinar on April 29th specifically tailored for businesses in the heartland. You won’t want to miss his insight! Sign Up Here: https://www.accelerateactioncoach.com/pec-events/covid-19-webinar/
- Coach Amanda Lundstedt will be joining FemCity via Facebook Live on https://www.facebook.com/events/237721794252604/ as a featured guest talking about small business surviving and thriving in this unusual time.
- Coach Amanda Lundstedt also discusses the 11 steps to “PLAN, DON’T PANIC” for business owners on her YouTube Channel “Talking Action For Your Biz.” Check out the videos and subscribe to the channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCckdKHBWWWRBOTyObzTapWg