Be Challenged, Mentored & Inspired.
Think Like an Owner Academy (TLO) is a Management Development Trainee Program that educates key managers on the general ins and outs of running a business.
Think Like an Owner Academy’s Management Trainee Program provides you with an in-depth experience, ongoing mentorship, and targeted training across a broad range of business topics within the ownership role. Companies use our program to train managers from within and give them a specific, structured training program that encompasses all components of leadership and management development.
Think Like an Owner Academy is a year-long course that taught for people just like you, by successful small business owners. The course presents the major elements of business management and leadership skills necessary to “think like an owner.” TLO Academy will teach you the ins and outs of leadership and business management.
The Think Like an Owner course is taught in a classroom-style setting by category experts that own their own businesses. The group setting provides the dynamics necessary to share and actively engage with the experts and share your experiences with other class members. In addition to the monthly topics, you will meet monthly 1-on-1 with TLO Academy experts to discuss your specific challenges & opportunities, and practice the skills you learn in the classroom in real-life situations. TLO Academy also interweaves relevant business seminars to further enhance your journey.
- • Leadership and Personal Development
- • Understanding Financial Statements & Business Metrics
- • Measuring KPIs and Balancing Scorecards
- • Marketing and Sales
- • Customer Service & Hospitality
- • HR emphasizing Legal Standpoint
- • HR emphasizing Management & Organizational Development
- • Long-Term Success
- • 6 Keys To A Winning Team
- • Financial Planning and Commercial Banking
- • Creating a Personal Development Plan
Is this course right for you?
Think Like an Owner Academy is perfect for those individuals who are:
- Current business owners soon to pass the torch. Only 12% of Family-Owned businesses survive the second generation, and only 3% survive the third. Protect the business you’ve worked hard to maintain by attending TLO Academy. Enroll with your successor to be sure he or she can seamlessly take over, or attend to gain the information needed on how to train your key employee to take on the business owner role.
- Individuals who are next in line to take over a business. Are you ready for the responsibility of running a business? Learn about the day-to-day functions that come along with the title. The topics covered in TLO Academy are ones that you often do not learn in a college course. Our experts share real-life business owner scenarios, that are not often learned till you’re on the job.
- Entrepreneurs looking to gain the business-owner skill set. Looking to branch out on your own? Many entrepreneurs start their businesses as experts in their trade, but lack the skills needed to run a successful company. TLO Academy will touch on the fundamentals of leadership and management, to give entrepreneurs the foundation needed to stay afloat.
- Young professionals who aspire to own a business one day. Whether its to run a franchise, climb the ranking in your current company, or start your own business in the future, TLO Academy will give you a head start on the knowledge needed to one day be the boss. TLO Academy will also help you develop the leadership and management skills needed to shine above the rest of your co-workers.
We are looking for new business owners and new managers who are excited about a potential long-term leadership position within their company. No prior leadership or management training required.
The future success of your company requires talented, high caliber individuals with strong business acumen and the energy to take on tough challenges. The goal of the Management Trainee Program is to provide a fulfilling and valuable experience at your company, while developing leadership and management skills that build a foundation for advancement within your organization.